Managing Partner Conference 2022: M&A from the Buy Side of the Transaction
For many years M&A activity in the public accounting industry was primarily driven by succession planning issues. Surely, succession challenges still play a role in a firm’s decision to sell or merge, but there are many other strategies that are driving the high level of M&A transactions throughout North America.
During this virtual conference, we will discuss the buyer’s side of the transaction. The topics to be discussed include:
- The current state of the M&A marketplace in North America
- The results of the M&A member survey
- Using M&A as a revenue growth strategy, to enhance or develop service or industry expertise, and to obtain partner and staff talent to service current and future clients
- Structuring the deal from the buyer’s side – valuations, multiples, partner compensation, equity, etc.
- Risks, rewards, and traps in acquiring a firm
- Avoiding busted deals as a buyer
- Considerations in same size mergers
- Developing an M&A strategy and partner buy-in
- Sharing M&A experiences from our member firm attendees
- Q&A and roundtables
Facilitators: Jeff Anzovino, Chairperson of the MP Committee, and Joe Tarasco, North America Regional Director
CPE: 3 credits