Annual Conference 2022
Join us for our first in-person conference since January 2020. MGI North America’s 2022 Conference will connect member firms from across the United States and Canada. There will be ample opportunities to catch-up with friends, network, learn and be inspired – all while you enjoy the spirit and excitement of Austin!
There is a two-step registration process:
- Get tickets for the conference on Eventbrite.
- Click here to book your hotel room. The group rate is $299/night if you book before April 3, 2022. It increases significantly after that.
Wednesday, May 18, 2022
- Arrival day with flexible arrival times & free time for networking at the roof-top pool and hotel lounges.
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm: Worldwide EC Member meeting – The worldwide EC members will be attending the NA conference.
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm: NA Executive Management group meeting
- 7:00 pm: Dinner – An evening group dinner will be held at Moonshine Grill Restaurant with delicious cuisine in a setting that is ideal for networking with fellow members while enjoying an innovative take on classic Austin style food.
Thursday, May 19, 2022
- 7:30 am: Group Breakfast, networking with members and sponsors.
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am: Welcome and review agenda for Thursday and Friday. Additionally, an official Austin welcome by Harrison Eppright, Manager of Visitor Services for “Visit Austin” and Austin historian.
- 9:30 am – 10:00 am: NA and International Leadership – Listen to insights on what to expect in 2022 to continue the strategic plan and Q&A with the Executive Committee members.
- 10:00 am – 10:20 am: Break Networking with members and sponsors.
- 10:20 am – 11:30 am: Keynote Speaker – S. Olympian Johnny Quinn is back by popular demand! During our virtual NA Conference in 2021, Johnny presented a very lively, exhilarating, and motivational keynote address. In Austin, Johnny will address our group in-person. He will continue to engage and inspire our members with a new presentation, share his insights and experiences, and interact with attendees.
- 11:30 am – 12:00 pm: New and Prospective Members – Welcome and introductions.
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch: Networking with members and sponsors
- 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm: Sponsor Introductions and Presentations
- 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm: Practice Management – Roundtable discussions on the most pressing issues and trends in the public accounting industry organized by the MAP (Management of an Accounting Practice) Committee and the MP (Managing Partners) Committee. Roundtables will be held on topics such as Recruiting & Retention, Succession Planning and Leadership, Transitioning and Planning, Managing Staff Performance, Technology, and Growth, etc.
- 3:00 pm – 3:20 pm: Break – Network with members and sponsors.
- 3:20 pm – 5:00 pm: Team Building Session – And/or speed networking. TBD
- 5:00 pm: End of day and dinner instructions.
- 7:00 pm: Dinner – Our evening and networking dinner event will be held at Fixe Southern House Restaurant. Fixe specializes in upscale Southern food in a very beautiful setting with elegant lighting and décor, and exceptional service. Not to be missed at Fixe: their Southern style homemade biscuits topped with a variety of sweet and savory treats.
Friday, May 20, 2022
- 7:30 am-9:00 am: Group Breakfast, networking with members and sponsors.
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am: Sponsors – Presentations on the latest products and services for public accounting firms
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am: Marketing – Nancy Damato, NA Marketing Director, and Maxine Brock, MGI Worldwide Marketing Director, will present the 2022 growth and marketing strategies, the member enhancement program, and an overview of the member marketing Zoom calls.
- 10:30 am – 10:45 am: Break Networking with members and sponsors.
- 10:45 am – 12:30 pm: Team Building Session
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Lunch Networking with members and sponsors
- 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm: Current trends and predictions for the public accounting industry/profession Joe Tarasco
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Practice Management Continued – As a follow-up to Thursday’s Practice Management Roundtables will be held on topics such as Recruiting & Retention, Succession Planning and Leadership, Transitioning and Planning, Managing Staff Performance, Technology, and Growth.
- 3:00 pm – 3:20 pm: Break Networking with members and sponsors.
- 3:20 pm – 3:45 pm: Sponsor Presentation
- 3:45 pm – 4:30 pm: Committees The Chairpersons and Committee members for the A&A, Tax, Management of Accounting Practices, and Managing Partners Committees will discuss their 2022 goals and objectives.
- 4:30 pm: Closing remarks and evening instructions.
- 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm: Free time and meet in the lobby lounge or pool area for networking and socializing.
- 6:30 PM: Music, Drinks and Dinner– Our dinner event will be held at Bangers Barbeque and Beer Garden. We will have a private area on their famous balcony overlooking their huge courtyard, complete with ample seating, firepits, plenty of food and drinks, and live music.
- Visit Austin’s famous and historic 6th Street on the way back to the hotel. Walk up and down the most famous street in Austin, Texas and you’ll understand why it’s called the “Live Music Capital of the World”®. A destination for locals and tourists alike, find rollicking bars and live music alongside fabulous restaurants, speakeasies, world-class hotels and more on historic 6th Street. Read more: Top Things To Do in Austin, TX
Approximately 5 CPE credits will be earned for attending the conference
Wed, May 18 – Fri, May 20, 2022