For CPAs, attorneys, and other professional advisors, it is essential to have the knowledge, experience, and skills to succeed. However, having active strong networking skills to engage with that network is an equally important component for every CPA and attorney’s career path.
For ‘Next Gen’ professionals and future firm leaders, networking skills will help build your long-term business relationships, grow referral networks and client bases, and further your career goals. This ‘Next Gen’ Conference is open to all young professionals whose firms are members of MGI.
MGI and MI are pleased to host this event the day before the MGI North America Conference commences. It will provide attendees with opportunities to improve their networking skills and expand their networks. Our intention is that this event will be the first of many future similar events. We also hope that it will be a catalyst and open the door to increased engagement and collaboration among the next generation of members within MGI and MI.
7:30 AM: Breakfast in the Alsace conference room
9:00 AM: Welcoming Remarks by Roger Isaacs (MGI Chairman), Sev Carlson (MI Chairman), and Keith Heddle (MI Managing Director)
9:30 AM: Overview, Goals and Objectives – Keith to provide an overview of future intentions for this group.
10:00 AM: Attendee Introductions: Sev leads “Make it memorable” – 120 second self-introductions — speed networking session.
10:40 AM: Break
11:00 AM: Networking Tips by Nigel Rowley, Managing Partner, Mackrell.Solicitors. Networking virtually and in-person and how to engage and be relevant. The benefits of being part of a network like MGI and MI and how to make the most of it.
11:30 AM: Teambuilding Session – Keith leads “Getting to know session” – 2 Truths and 1 Lie.
12:00 PM: Lunch in the Alsace conference room
1:00 PM: Networking and Cross-Referrals with CPAs and Attorneys with Dan Geltrude of Geltrude & Company
2:00 PM: Momentum-building with Joe and Keith. Strategies and ideas to maintain the momentum and actively network after the conference. What 1 thing will you commit to (& time scale)?
2:30 PM: Professional Lives and Growth with Keith
3:00 PM: Break
3:30 PM: Group discussion
- Bankruptcy & Insolvency (Roger)
- M&A/Corporate (Keith)
- Litigation Support (Roger)
- Real Estate (Keith)
4:30 PM: Take-aways with Keith
Optional but encouraged
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM: Network with MGI members at a Cocktail Reception with hors d ’oeuvres at La Cave.
Next Gen Conference: $250.00 – Attend on Wednesday, June 7th
Next Gen Conference + Cocktail Reception: $475.00 – Attend on Wednesday, June 7. Join the cocktail reception with MGI members in the evening.
Next Gen and MGI North America Conference: $1,950.00 – Attend both conferences: Next Gen Conference on Wednesday, June 7 and MGI North America Conference Thursday, June 8 to Friday, June 9, 2023 with CPA firms from around the world. View agenda here.
There is a two-step registration process:
- Click on the Register on Eventbrite button to register for the conference.
- Click here to book your hotel room. The group rate is $219/night if you book before Tuesday, May 9, 2023. It increases significantly after that.
- Who can I contact about the conference? Yvonne Lee, MGI NA Marketing Manager email@example.com (725) 780-8975
- Who can I contact about hotel rooms? Tammy Pham, Wynn Conference Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org (702) 770-2739
- Do you have a map of the Wynn property? Click here for the map. The conference is taking place in the Alsace conference room
- How do I contact the Concierge at the Wynn? Call (702) 770-7070 for help booking spa treatments, show tickets, golf, etc. on the Wynn and Encore properties.