Both businesses and individual clients face major changes as a result of tax reform, and tax professionals face the considerable challenge of delivering effective planning advice and services to address this myriad of recent developments. This course addresses this challenge and also encompasses the latest cases and rulings applicable to individual and business clients, continually updated to reflect enacted legislation.
- A new supplement discussing major provisions of The Build Back Better Act as passed by the House of Representatives in November 2021, as well as key provisions of The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act signed into law in November 2021
- Equity Awards and Compensation
- A comprehensive overview of Cryptocurrency, including important tax considerations
- ARPA and Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 provisions related to expanded child and family tax credits, RRF grants, FFCRA credits, and year-end tax extenders
- SBA PPP Forgiveness and EIDL loans
- The CARES Act changes to §163(j), §461(I), and NOL rules
- Economic Impact Payments and the Recovery Rebate Credit
- Continuing coverage of tax reform implications related to both individuals and businesses
- How the Code affects tax planning for individuals and businesses
- Other late-breaking tax law changes
- Understand strategies and techniques to use after tax reform
- Understand the latest enacted tax law changes
- Understand current cases and rulings affecting your clients
About the Speaker
Susan Smith manages her own firm specializing in tax planning for individuals and business owners and is also a frequent speaker at tax conferences.
Smith was a Senior Manager in the tax departments of Price Waterhouse and Peat Marwick (the predecessor of KPMG). While at Price Waterhouse, she also held the national specialist designation for the real estate and partnership tax practices. During her time at Peat Marwick, Smith led the real estate and tax practices locally. She was an associate adjunct professor at Widener University in the master’s taxation program. Her ratings have consistently exceeded 4.7 on a scale of 5.0. Smith is a two-time recipient of the James L. McCoy Discussion Leader of the Year Award for excellence in teaching.
Smith earned her Bachelor of Business Administration degree with an accounting concentration, from the University of Toledo.
Susan Smith, CPA
Thurs Jan 6, 2022
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM ET